onsdag 27 mars 2024

Final Fantasy VI (Pixel Remaster) (Switch)

 

Highest Acclaimed Game!

The last game in the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster pack, and this one was hard to play through (not only by being the longest game, but since I probably entered Final Fantasy fatigue as well as it was just a year ago since I played it last on the PSOne). 33 hours compared to V:s 25 hours and the others something like 10-15 hours. Still the fastest I finished the game compared to the 60 hours last time, and every level above 80. The boost option works really great and even allowed me to get pretty much every magic except Meltdown to every character. Which might have added to the fatigue by make the micromanagement of the level grind kinda irritating. If you don't know, you don't raise stats by normal level ups unless you equip an esper that grants one, and that is at highest +2. So, best strategy is running through the first part to get to Ramuh and get the first esper and finish the magitek factory and then equip specific esper before every level up. Kid me didn't understand that, but I do now and boy, is it fun to get several characters with magic 100 or strength 100, enemies don't stand a chance.

Did they change things? Yes, several parts in fact. The most talked about is the opera scene, actual singing vocals and instead of 2d they soar around the scene like it was a 2d-hd engine and that is only for that scene. They changed the mine-cart scene so I actually see what it is (unfortunately it doesn't give the same effect of car sickness looking at it and they slowed it down). Celes doesn't get punched in her introductory scene and some changes here and there to the script. Changes to enemy encounters at places, drops and so on. Mostly fixed things that was bugged out in the original (which they fixed in every release afterwards what I know). They also added motor sound to the airships and Deathgaze is no longer invisible on the map, but still a pain to find, but at least I can see him. And they changed the fish to Cid mini-game, I didn't even try and he got better, and I wanted the downer ending with the jump from the cliff!

Still a hard game though. I got beaten up by bosses I have not had trouble with before (or that be due to the change of grinding meaning I had lower levels at times which would help immensely in the end game, just need to get there). And most of them you can't just cue up the same attack patterns and just get a sandwich as the auto-battle plays out, no, here you have to carefully choose your attacks, otherwise the bosses will walk all over you, but I'm glad I can speed up the slow ATB-meter.

Now, the usual final question, which version to play? I don't need to play the PSOne-version ever again. GBA has some extra espers and an extra dungeon (which I haven't played through if I recall, it has the Kaiser Dragon in the Dragon's Den). Someone on youtube mentioned that they believe that all bonus will come as DLC and I almost hope so I can retire my GBA collection since I need more space in the bookcase. But there is problems here, at the 15 hours the game crashed and there is stuttering in the scrolling while walking around towns. I thought the game would crash more, right after finishing the game an update arrived as well. 

And with this I finished the whole Pixel Remaster. I wish the Dragon Quest games would have gotten this treatment as well, but since they are working on a Dragon Quest III remake in the 2d-HD engine I have to wait for that (and they hinted about doing I and II as well). FF III the most interesting game in the collection and all is very nice, just missing the extra content from GBA releases.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar