onsdag 20 mars 2024

Final Fantasy V (Pixel Remaster) (Switch)

 

Now we enter the ones that I only played one year ago (as of writing) and I gotta be honest, this is still a fun game to play and due to the different ways to play there is a new way to play every time. And this version speeds up the end game a lot. I spent 5-6 hours at first chance in Bal Castle and just grinded out the Object d'art until I got every job mastered, meaning I could just focus on arming up the characters with double weapons with highest damage output. I still have to be strategic with bosses and environments since most bosses have something that stops them from being hacked to death, be it several enemies that auto-regenerate or something like that. Graphically I also noticed that some backgrounds in battles had moving parts like waterfalls flowing down. First time I noticed this in these game, don't know if it's due to being the first game that they did that or if I didn't look at the backgrounds in the other games.

Of course, I played the EXP and Gil counter on normal and the ABP on 4x and it wasn't a problem and before I grinded it out I actually tried different job combinations (with getting Blue Mage Learn ability first for all characters to make that easier). The game still played fine and had a decent challenge. Noticed though that the end game stops giving you EXP when you enter the final area... of course I grinded out to level 50 in order to get the super bosses this time around and I crushed Omega and Shinryu for the first time. I got two badges for that... a bit anticlimactic, but Shinryu also had Ragnarok hidden in that stupid chest he hid in. Damn cheater. They also had a lot of mentioning of Hell in this version. 

I also think the end credits is also the first that have a background beyond a black screen. I wonder if it's due to the actual one having something compared to the earlier entries. At least make it interesting to watch... and makes me wonder about the end theme since there is a lot more credited people in these rereleases compared to the original. Playing it so close also reminded me about things I missed like the summon near the lake in the second world and actually using beastmaster abilities in order to get some of the blue mage spells. I also started with the intention of getting every bestiary, but I somehow missed the Hydra in the Ronka Ruins so I gave up that. Same place actually gave me a reason to use 0.5x and 0 EXP to get some abilities like lvl 4 Gravity and so on. 

So, same question like the others, which is the preferred version? I finished the PSOne version and have no need to play that version again, this version is fun enough and the ease of play works fine. Discovered a glitch or something since I was in mirage tower and suddenly the game froze on me trying to open the menu so I had to close the software. Don't know the reason and that was the first time I got that. Could be that I played over 15 hours without closing the software, but that's just a guess. GBA? Still have the extra stuff like more jobs and a post-endgame dungeon that allows you to fight the big bad from 1 000 years ago that forced the heroes of that time to split the crystals and create the two worlds in order to seal the void that Exdeath was after. Since being level 50 and out-grinded on jobs made me defeat the super-bosses without problem it might actually be needing something more.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar