onsdag 1 februari 2023

Alwa's Legacy (Switch)

 

Well, it looks worse than it is.

Well, I gotta try the sequel. So I did and finished it during the free time of my work week. Same gameplay mostly, but they changed the progression of spells and added some spells. Instead of singular upgrades you get the orbs to unlock different abilities for the spells, some coming back from the first games, other are new and probably a good idea to learn what they do. One allows you to change the colour of Zoe's cape by passing through a bubble and another allows you to change the colour of the bubble. So mix and match different abilities. Thankfully they allow you to reset and change the skill tree which compared to other games I played is a nice welcome. 

Story is... well, basically the same idea as before, find four bosses, get things, fight Vicar and the game ends. There's not much story. One thing that IS problematic with the story is that it doesn't start the same as the first game ended, instead of Sage greeting Zoe it's this child Mary that leads you to Sage. I also get the sense that it have been somewhat of a continuing loop since Sage mention that Zoe has to choose the right thing this time... and if you jump to the left in the water at the start you can see several piles of bones with what looks like purple hoods... are they past incarnations of Zoe?

Not that hard, I found all but one orb and one tear, died only some 80 times. Then again, I had a really hard time after finishing the first boss to know what to do... turned out I missed an exit to the bridge area. This caused me several deaths, running around all over the map and using one tear to teleport away from the Rose Castle since you can't get back until you get the yellow magic. How can it be that I still feel stupid?

One neat thing is that they have a choice of choosing Swedish for the text, which is included since I believe most of the creators have Swedish names. I couldn't have that on for more than 5 minutes since it doesn't sound epic, but instead rather corny. Might be that the language barrier creates a distance to the very clichéd text overall.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar