onsdag 22 januari 2020

Castlevania: The Adventure (Switch)


I got this for the 3DS, but never finished it... or rather played it at all. Part of my collectors OCD that gets me to get it to play someday. Part of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection I got it again and this time, I actually played it and finished it for the first time. A gameboy game so we will probably see some changes to the formula. It stars a Christopher Belmont some 100 years before Simon Belmont and it's his turn to fight off the evil count. There is no subweapons and instead you can upgrade your whip to shoot fire balls. At least there is no stairs this time around... instead you get ropes. It's gonna be that kinda game.

Apparently not that well received at launch. First off it's rather short with only four stages. And then it's the difficulty. And really there is only one stage that is ridiculously hard, and it's hard. The third stage is the torture chamber and begins with an area with a spiked ceiling that you have to traverse. Then follows a segment where you have to climb up while a spiked floor follows and then a spiked wall hunts you from the right to left. Insane stuff. The game also have a problem with lag with both monsters and candles. But at least it has a Dracula transformation.

Die Monster! You don't Belong in this World!

It was apparently remade as Castlevania Rebirth for the Wii Eshop (which no longer work), and I got it through my Wii U, but I never finished it. Maybe someday since I got a bit of training with all these old-school Castlevania games. Back to this game. Graphics decently for a Gameboy game. Music alright, mostly rearranged version of old songs I think. A good thing is that you actually can choose if you want the game displayed in Black & White, Green or colour. Why couldn't the 3DS fix that for its gameboy games? Would I recommend this game? Not as standalone, and the third stage is absurdly hard if you would do it legit (THANK GOD for save state). 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar