onsdag 21 augusti 2019

Resident Evil 4 HD (Switch)


Eagerly awaiting the game I actually pre-ordered it on the Switch eshop just to be able to play it again. And I wasn't disappointed. 17 hours in I finish the normal game and 4 hours later finish the special mission Separate Ways. The story is that Leon Kennedy is in Spain looking for the presidents daughter Ashley that was kidnapped by this cult worshipping a parasite, las plagas, that when injected into people will hatch and then allow the master plagas to control the infected. Leon gets infected himself so as the clock ticks he gotta save Ashley, find a cure and get out of Spain alive. Separate Ways follows Ada Wong as she tries to gather a sample of las plagas for Albert Wesker and explains certain parts of the plot that where hinted at in the main game.

Now, I love the main game. This is the first Resident Evil game I played and the Wii version was fantastic with its motion control targeting and unfortunately you can't play with motions controls here. After some practice it was working out for me, especially since the Revelations game and 5 and 6 used the twin stick style of play as well, making it not that hard getting into it. But it is noticeable that it isn't as fast in pointing and such. Another thing that I noticed is that there isn't any easy-mode. This annoyed me a great deal since I usually played first on easy to get to know the game, then unlocking the Special Costume 2 where Ashley is in a suit of armour making it harder for enemies to kill her and then tackle Normal mode and maybe try on Professional mode. Now, since I already played it a couple of times I could manage things pretty well as well as getting treasures to sell and get my hand better weapons and upgrade them, but I would at least like the option to be a scardy cat. Fun enough I found out that in the original North American release you had to die a couple of times in the beginning to unlock easy mode, but not in Japan or Europe (thank god). 

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the resolution in Separate Ways looked a bit worse than the main game in cutscenes and such. Don't recall if that always was there or not. Anyway, this is still my favourite Resident Evil game, Revelations 1 is a good contender, but this just feels bigger. Could also be due to the enemies being more varied and such as well as the environments. The upgrade system is also better. And then we have the stupid decision to not include subtitles if you have it on English. Better to turn it into Spanish or German. Why do that? Especially in certain scenes when the sound can hinder your hearing of the voices. I have no problems now, but in 30 years? Or people with actual hearing problems that want to play this game or people that aren't that good at english but doesn't have one of the larger languages to fall back to? Idiotic move really. Don't they want it to be accessible to as many people as possible?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar